This week in class we learned how to use different features in iMovie. I have used iMovie before and I am familiar with some of the features. I have never used iMovie on a computer before, I have only used it on an app on my phone and iPad. I didn’t know how to use a green screen on iMovie, but through the simple steps laid out by the guest speaker in class, I was able to learn it. Now I can apply this skill when teaching material to students and be able to teach the specific skill to them as well.

Previously, I mainly used iMovie in high school for assignments. I found it to be a good tool to use to express ideas on topics I was learning in school, in a different way than how I normally would. I was able to learn through doing instead of constantly writing or using the standard powerpoint to share my ideas. Now that I am going to school and looking through a teacher’s point of view, iMovie is also a great way to have cross-curricular learning. This is because the app can be used for one subject topic which could be tied to another topic. For example, if the assignment is on a play or book in English class, students could use the app and act out scenes from the play or book they are learning. This could tie into a drama activity by students stepping into a characters role. Since more students at younger ages are using technology more easily, using iMovie in an elementary classroom would be a beneficial tool for older elementary students. Teachers could also use the app to create videos and presentations for students learning.