In class today we looked at coding and how to use it in the classroom. Nowadays, students are very advanced at using technology and can be involved in coding. For tech class, we had the presenter Rich McCue show us an introduction to coding for educators. I saw that other students in the classroom where following along in a tutorial, but what I clicked on lead me to a coding website with games. Although I did not go through the coding tutorial, I found a website attached to Rich McCue’s website that contained games and simple tutorials for the games. I thought that the website was useful because the games that it had offered would be easy to implement in the classroom and focused on one simple task related to coding that students would be able to practice. I played a few games and enjoyed the variety of difficulty of the games that the website had to offer. With a range of difficulty level, students would be able to learn coding at their own pace and follow along with their own skill level. Now that I have the resources from Rich McCue, I can always go back to his website and complete the tutorial other students in the classroom were learning.

Introduction to Coding 4 Educators